REST IN PEACE MY DEAR FRIEND

I received the news of sudden passing away of my dear brother and friend Syed Qalbi Hussain Rizvi in Mecca on18th September 2015. He was there for Hajj pilgrimage along with the Hajj delegation of Islamic of Iran. Qalbi Sahab as we used to call him lovingly was residing in Qom since many decades. I knew him since 1979, the time of Islamic Revolution. Those were great times as we were mesmerized by Imam Khomeini. Qalbi Sahab was our leader in Kashmir. He was really a dedicated supporter of Imam. You would always find him at the fore front of any event related to the revolution. It was during this time a strange event happened. I was doing my internship in Department of Surgery in 1985 when he came to me and was diagnosed as having gall bladder stones. I got him admitted in our unit and arranged for his surgery. During the operation he had a cardiac arrest and was technically dead for some time. We were able to resuscitate him with great difficulty. And I feel sad that this time after about 30 years we lost him. He later migrated to Iran and worked in Qom where he did really great job as a calligrapher and translator. He was one of those silent contributors who come, do their job without advertising and pass away. The real heroes. If you go through this bkog you will find mention about him in my post regarding my visit to Iran. It was made possible because of him. I am personally indebted to him. May Allah reward him for his efforts and give him place near his beloved Imam Hussain (A.S). I saw him last about a month ago when he visited me at Fortis Hospital Delhi for a check-up. I did not know then that this was the last time I was seeing my friend. Well this is life. Some have done their job and have left and some are waiting. Rest in peace my dear brother and friend Will miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CULTURAL GENOCIDE AND CULTURAL CLEANSING:CASE OF KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA

WE PREPARE AND THEY ALSO PREPARE